As a result of the S.H.A.P.E. Act passed in 2009, all Georgia
students enrolled in a physical education course (grades 1-12) are
required to participate in the FitnessGram Assessment.
Below is how this affects students at Dade Elementary
- All students in grades 1-5 will be accessed.
- Grades 1, 2, & 3 will only be tested in the Body
Composition component of the program (derived from height and
- Grades 4 & 5 will receive the complete five-test
- Body Composition
- The Pacer Run
- Flexability (the Backsaver Sit and Reach)
- Parents of students in grades 4 & 5 will receive a parent
report indicating the results of their child(ren).
NOTE: This report will be sent home in a sealed envelope with
For more information, parents may wish to view the following
Parents should encourage their child(ren) to do their best in
the FitnessGram program.